Monday, November 28, 2011

Giving Thanks

We had such a wonderful Thanksgiving this year spent with family. The entire Pack family was together and we couldn't have asked for a better weekend! We did so many fun things and I completely forgot to bring my camera to capture any of the fun times (totally lame). On Thanksgiving morning we woke up bright and early and did the a fun run / walk! It was a bit chilly (more like freezing) when we first started but by the end it warmed up a bit. Sean and the boys ran the 10k and all the girls walked in the 5k stroller brigade. We decided that it was so fun that it should be an annual tradition for us--not to mention that it makes everything you eat guilt free! Ha! Some other notable things we did: *Celebrated my mom's birthday with yummy Cookie Pie *Consumed way too much Thanksgiving Dinner and Dessert (for 3 days in a row mind you) *Roasted S'mores while telling what we are thankful for around the fire *Attended baby Colby's blessing *Went and saw Breaking Dawn *Went out for Blue Bell ice cream *Forgot Hattie's diapers and had to make a makeshift diaper out of paper towels, ha! *Made my chocolate pie and it didn't set up, bummer! *Visited Evan at work and saw him in action--he can make a yummy panini!

I often don't count my blessings like I should but I truly am beyond grateful for all that I have. Some things I am most grateful for are:
- Mr. Pack
- Hattie Grace
- A healthy pregnancy - Baby Holden Claire
- Our Families
- The Gospel
- Good Friends
- Good Health
- Our Home
- Our Jobs

I am extremely blessed to have all that I do and this Thanksgiving I remembered how much I need to continually strive to have an "attitude of gratitude."

"We can lift ourselves and others as well when we refuse to remain in the realm of negative thought and cultivate within our hearts an attitude of gratitude. If ingratitude be numbered among the serious sins, then gratitude takes its place among the noblest of virtues."
- President Thomas S. Monson

No comments: