Saturday, November 5, 2011

Chocolate Meringue Pie

I made this the other night for dessert and it was a hit!


I found the recipe here and it is as follows:

Pie filling:
Frozen or refrigerated pie crust (I used refrigerated and it was great!)
1 3/4 cup sugar
3 tbsp cornstarch
3-4 tbsp cocoa
1 1/2 cups milk
4 egg yolks
1 tbsp vanilla
2 tbsp butter

Meringue: (I altered mine a bit since I didn't have marshmallows)
4 egg whites
1/2 cup sugar
6-8 large marshmallows

Bake pie crust according to directions. Mix first 3 ingredients. Beat 4 egg yolks and save the whites. Sprinkle salt on eggs. Add milk in eggs. Add to dry and cook on stove top - stir until thick. Add vanilla and butter.
Pour in pie crust when done.

Take egg whites and beat until stiff. Take sugar and a "tad" of water and boil until it makes a syrup. Add marshmallows and melt. Add to egg whites already beat. Add on top of pie.

Enjoy!

No comments: