Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's are so Special...

With a very special love. They watch us and protect us. Guide us and direct us, back to our home above.

My heart is overjoyed on this Mother's day. I feel so blessed to have been given the opportunity to be a mother. The calling came earlier than I had expected but I would not want it any.other.way. Being a mom is the most rewarding and most challenging role and I absolutely LOVE every minute of it. I will never forget the day I became a mom.

Looking at this picture brings back SO MANY emotions...

Dearest Mother, I Love You
LDS Children's Songbook; Page 206
Gentle words I hear you say.
Your kind hands help me each day.
You're my mother kind and true.
Dearest mother, I love you.


I don't think that I will ever be even half the mother that my mom is. She truly is a gem! She is charitable, patient, virtuous, kind, loving, generous and so beautiful inside and out. She is such an amazing example to me and so many others. I love her so very much!



I am also grateful for my maternal grandmother, "Grandma Sweetums." She is such a neat woman and I love her dearly.


Four Generations


And how could I not mention my paternal grandmother, "Grandma Much" She sometimes says some crazy things but she sure does love with her whole heart! Love her!

I have also been blessed to have married a man who was raised by such an incredible mother. My mother in law Janice has the most infectious smile and is so kind, caring and loving. She is such a Christlike example to me and I am so blessed to have her in my life.

Me and my girl on Mother's Day 2011. I LOVE HER :)

A GORGEOUS gift from the Mr.


Hattie and I also made a little Mother's Day gift for the Grandma's but they have yet to be gifted so those pics will have to wait until later.

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

THE HATHCOCK'S said...

What a great post Alexa! I just spent a whole day with your amazing mother! I love her so much! You DO have a great mother and that is why you are such an amazing mother! She is on her way home and I am sure she will be so excited to get her gift from Hattie!