Friday, October 7, 2011

Wall Grouping

So I kind of, sort of, REALLY like photographs. That's probably the reason that we are "that family" that gets family pictures twice a year. I like it though because that is how I decorate a lot of the walls in our home, plus with kids they change SO MUCH! With that being said, I've been meaning to post this for almost a year! This is a project that I did when we had our family pictures done last fall. When I hang groupings around our home, I first lay everything out on the floor to get an idea of how I want it to look and where I want things to go.
I almost cropped Hattie's little hand out but thought it was cute. I love my little helper :)
I then trace out each picture frame onto a large piece of paper (usually newspaper) so that I have a template to put onto the wall. This may not work for everyone but, I'm not the good, patient measuring type and would rather just eyeball it with my templates and the negative space. So I just tape my templates where I want them, hammer my nails in the wall and presto! Picture perfect every time...well most of the time...HA! :)
You may not be able to tell but this is a pretty large grouping--each picture is an 11X14. I really like what a statement large pictures make. This particular one hangs in the hallway outside Hattie's bedroom and I get to walk by it every day. I absolutely love the way it turned out!

Metal Scroll: Hobby Lobby
11x14 Wood Frames: Hobby Lobby
Photography: Brody Dezember Photography

No comments: