Tuesday, September 27, 2011

17 Weeks

No, I don't normally have a skull and cross bones for decoration, I swear!
Fall is in the air and I couldn't help but get out my Halloween decor this past weekend!


Pregnancy Highlights:
How far Along: 17 weeks
Size of baby: Size of a turnip
Total Weight Gain/Loss: + 4 lbs
Maternity clothes: Not yet but my regular pants are getting a little snug...bring on the stretch pants! Ha!
Gender: It's a GIRL!
Movement: I think I'm starting to feel little flutters
Sleep: I've been sleeping pretty good!
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach
Cravings: I'm pretty sure I need to live in Mexico every time I'm pregnant, HAHA!
Symptoms: I went without my Zofran for the first time yesterday and survived! Now that's BIG deal I tell ya!
Best Moment this Week: Finding out the gender and having our super fun gender reveal party!

*Side note: So maybe I'm a little (or a lot) crazy but I am having second thoughts about the name Holland. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE the name but I am realizing rather quickly that it's more popular than we originally thought. I've never been one to like popular or common first names or even ones that people tell me are on their "list" so at this point I am unsure. We have another name that we like and have agreed on but now we can't decide between the two. I also feel bad changing it after we have announced it and not to mention the fact that if you ask Hattie what the baby's name is she says Holland. Oh my goodness! Anyway, I'm sure nobody cares, but this is what has been leaving me unsettled this past week :) At any rate Claire is definitely the middle name so at least we are half-way there, ha!

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Seriously, you are so stinking cute and tiny! Hooray for the nausea starting to lift. I hope you continue to feel better! And don't worry about the name change... it's not final until it's on a birth certificate, ha ha.

Cristina said...

Lookin good girl! And I just looked it up and Holland hasn't even been on the radar since 1912! So, I don't think it should get too popular by the time baby girl comes around. I never would have thought of it but I think Holland Claire sounds adorable, especially with a Holland and a Hattie! That's just my two cents, but then again I don't even know what your other name is! I'm sure it's just as cute!