Saturday, April 30, 2011

Recipes and such

First of all, the ONLY reason I have not posted about our Eater festivities is because our MacBook is FULL! How can it be full when it's less than a year old you ask? Answer: We take WAY too many pictures and on any given day I am too lazy to wait the 3 hours that it takes to back up our computer on the external hardrive. I may or may not be a little bit impatient.

Moving on...

I am by no means the chef in our home. I have an awesomely handsome Chef Sean that comes into my kitchen and whips together the most deliciously creative things in 5 minutes flat without the use of a recipe. He is amazing at cooking! I get a teeny bit jealous at his creativity in the kitchen but don't tell him I said that.
So you can tell my excitement when I actually put something together without following a recipe (line by line, measurement by measurement) that actually tasted good! So good in fact, that I wrote it down on a recipe card for future use! Don't judge me, I have "mom brain" and all of my memory brain cells went to my daughter.

I am so excited to present to you my one and only recipe:

Creamy Broccoli Tomato Sauce
2 cans 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup
2 cans Italian diced tomatoes
1 bunch fresh broccoli
1 package fresh mushrooms
1 packet Italian dressing mix

Cut broccoli. Place in microwave safe bowl with a little water and microwave 6 minutes, or until tender. Set aside. In medium saucepan mix together cream of mushroom soup, tomatoes, and Italian dressing mix. Bring to boil. Add diced mushrooms and cooked broccoli and heat through. Serve on pasta of choice. (I put it over some cooked squash and it was SO GOOD!)
You can't have dinner without dessert right? Even better if you have your dessert before dinner (see picture below) HA! If you haven't made Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie, you need to today, like right now. It is SO much easier than it's cookie counterpart and SO YUMMY!!! It can be found here.
This cute little bug was sleeping while I was working away in the kitchen. When I went in to wake her up she turned over with a full hand print on her fore head. I thought it was so cute that (much to her dismay) I had to take a couple of pictures.

It had faded a little by the time I got the camera but her sad face is pretty cute to look at anyway.

Oh yeah. Here is Prada with her new do...
A little less homeless looking. Bless her heart.

1 comment:

Cristina said...

you're on a blog roll lately! love it! and isn't it the best having a hubby who can cook? I don't know what I would do if H didn't make dinner sometimes (or a lot of the time)! And, they're always way better than what I make! I'll have to try your new recipe!