Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Chocolate Decadence


When it starts to get cold outside I pretty much make hot chocolate every night until summer begins, ha! Maybe not quite that often but I seriously love, love, LOVE hot chocolate. Here is my favorite recipe{thank you M.S.}:

3/4 cup "Chocolate Sugar--A mix of 1 part cocoa powder and 2 parts sugar until it tastes sweet and is lighter in color. I never measure the two and I usually just make a bunch and keep it in a baggie.

1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon Mexican vanilla (I get mine at Kneaders)
2 cups fat-free half and half
2 cups whipping cream

Combine the "chocolate sugar" and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a light boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add half and half, whipping cream and vanilla to chocolate sauce in pan and bring to a light boil. Be sure to stir frequently to avoid scorching.

And for those of you who want even more rich goodness in a cup try this...

Instead of using the "chocolate sugar" and water method, heat 1/2 cup whipping cream to a low boil and then combine with 4oz Guittard Chocolate chips. Then add the other ingredients above for a candy bar in a cup!

Either recipe will surely blow your mind!

Enjoy! :)

2 comments:

THE HATHCOCK'S said...

Man that sounds soooo yummy! We are going to have to try your recipe! Thanks Alexa! (the word varification below says hatie! not the right spelling but still!)

Cristina said...

Yes, the hot chocolate sounds good, but more than that...I long for your mugs! :) I contemplate buying them every time I see them and I never do!